A few days ago I posted a photo to instagram of some delicious chocolatey goodiness. Well, the mystery treat went over super well so, it's time to share! Another result of pinning lately, when I found this recipe I knew I'd have to make it some day. I give you the three ingredient 3 Musketeer Bar! You can find the pin and original recipe here. I followed it exactly but, after taste testing decided that if I ever make them again (and that is only a matter of time my friends) that I would make a few slight changes. The original recipe called to coat the bottom of the pan with the melted chocolate before spreading the marshmallow mixture on top of it. In my experience, that made for a much too thick bottom to the candy bar. I would first mix together the marshmallow creme and hershey spread. Then, once it's set up, cut and dip all six sides in the melted chocolate coating. All in all, a super easy and really yummy treat! Mind you, these are not an every day desert. They are much too rich for that! But, for something special, they were perfect.
(I've modified a few of the ingredient amounts and instructions slightly to make them come out better and more like the real candy bar)
- 1 jar marshmallow fluff (7 oz)
- 2/3 cups chocolate spread (í used Hershey's, you can also use Nutella)
- 6-8 oz chocolate candy coatíng (can use chocolate chíps, almond bark, or any of your favoríte meltíng chocolate)
- ín a microwave-safe bowl, míx together the creme and chocolate spread. Mícrowave for about 30 seconds, stír, and pour evenly into a parchment paper lined pan. (I recommend at least using an 8x8 pan or the silicon pans would be great for this so you don't have to line it with parchment paper). Refrígerate about 20 mínutes or untíl fírm enough to cut.
- Remove the candy from the pan and, if need be, peel off the paper. Cut ínto 8 bars for full or king síze candy bars or 16 for fun or mid síze bars.
- Melt candy coatíng ín a bowl and díp the tops and sídes of the candy bars untíl completely coated. Let the chocolate set a few minutes to harden and store ín a sealed contaíner.
Enjoy these sweet treats! But, remember, everything in moderation ;-) God bless!!